Thursday, July 23, 2009

I made it!

I made it! It's been a long few days! I'm not a big fan of flying, but all the flights were great. Crazy? In San Fran, the PC put us up in a really nice hotel in Japan town. The girl that was supposed to be my roommate didn't come so I got upgraded to an AWESOME suite!!!! IT was so nice! Another guy, I guess, left mid way through training. So, there is now 45 of us. On the flight to Japan from San Fran I was able to learn most of the Khmer Alphabet (all 33 constanents). In Thailand we stayed at another hotel (last taste of luxury) which enabled us to sleep about 4 hours and shower- it was divine! Then this morning (or 12 hours opposite of the midwest) we arrived! About 6 people from the group got bumped (despite many, many attempts to get them on our flight despite our reserved seats) so they fly in tonight. I really feel kind of bad for them because they are missing out on all the Phnom Penh fun scheduled for today!
I will say its all I imagined! Ok...gotta go..I'm at this internet cafe and we have to go...post later!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kristin! I found your blog when I was checking out PJ's & Bobbi's! I'm so excited for you...the experience sounds awesome!! I will definitely be checking in for your updates!!
    Sara Goldie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad you made it. YOu have been on my heart today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara and Tara- I'm so happy that you both are reading my blog! It's good to share all that is going on. some of it's so crazy you just cannot keep it to your self!

    ReplyDelete